Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lament of Innocence

So tomorrow will be the beginning of 16+ years of schooling my oldest son will have. Crazy isn't it, how time flies? I've always kept a journal and in one of them I have a 'to accomplish' list, and one of those things is sending my child to one of our Adventists schools, and thank God tomorrow I can cross that one off. It's so exciting, yet terrifying. It's like a melting pot of emotions. My son has always either been with me or his babysitter of 4 years, so I'm sure he's nervous. I'm so happy he'll be around other kids and learn things and get to do fun things, but at the same time he'll be out in the world and although he'll be attending private school, the innocence will be gone. Unfortunately, as much as we wish we could, we can't forever shelter/protect our kids from all the craziness out there, the bullying, the peer pressure, the heart breaks. Here's a picture of his uniform. My little man <3

 
 what I wore school shopping/loving coral + taupe together

Top: Gap (old) | Scarf: Old navy | Pants: Old Navy | Shoes: Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment